TOP TEN LIST OF WHY MY MOTHER SUCKS
in no particular order:
1. she’s a freakin’ packrat, and she wants me to be one too. she’s constantly sending me newspaper clippings about things that i don’t care about, and is now emailing me articles and mailing me hard copies. argh.
2. she’s so damn proper that she sounds like a joke. a very scary joke.
3. she hates the fact that i have an online journal, and refuses to read it. if she hears from anyone that i said anything about her, she sends me emails such as this one: “As I have stated in the past, I do not want to even be mentioned in your “web diary”. It is one thing for one to express one’s private thoughts and feelings in a bound diary one keeps under lock and key from all except the author; it is quite another thing to post one’s feelings-of-the-moment regarding others on the Internet. In short, unless you have someone’s permission or that person is fair game due to their fame or notoriety, the derogatory words, if written, are libel. Yes, you are entitled to your opinions of me, Kit, Cheers, etc., but you are legally not entitled to broadcast them on your Internet site.”
4. she has no interest in supporting me at all. she goes on these binges where she wants to help – but she never follows through. it’s really annoying.
5. she complains constantly about my me, but doesn’t do anything about it – besides trying to send me off to military camp. yeah, that’s definitely the best solution.
6. she refuses to go to a counselor, but she takes all sorts of anti-depressants.
7. she’s the most “modest” person ever. “oh, no, you really shouldn’t. i don’t want to ruin your plans.” blah blah blah.
8. she thinks her life is so bad. “PITY ME PITY ME” which is so wrong. She is the largest neat freak i’ve ever met, But refuses to be independent and on her own, depending on men and family for money and to support her.
9. she’s never had to work for a living before, yet she knows everything about holding down a full-time job while taking classes. suuuure.
10. she lives vicariously through me, which i hate.
there’s much more, but now i’m too depressed to keep going. ;P